Listening and Building Rapport Toolkit
The Listening and Building Rapport Toolkit is a general toolkit to promote and enhance listening and to build rapport and engagement with the child.
Its aims are to improve the practitioner’s capacity to:
- Establish rapport
- Provide a clear introduction using child-appropriate methods of communication, on their name, role, aims of the intervention and what will happen next
- Develop an ongoing professional relationship built on the child’s understanding of the professional’s role and what to expect from them
- Capture information on the child’s perspective of their ‘lived world’
- Establish the child’s wishes and feelings
- Agree actions and next steps
What is in the Kit?
The Listening and Building Rapport Toolkit provides practitioners with the following ready-to-use tools:
- Magnetic Game
- Magnetic Story Board
- 2x Sets of magnetic illustrated pictures (10 in each set)
- 2 pieces of magnetic paper
- “Introduction” Story Book
- Paper-based pictures (70 stickers)
- Self Esteem Book
- Lived World Illustrated House (3 cards)
PRICE: £100.00 (plus £6.50 postage)
See Me, Hear Me, Know Me™
We have created ‘SeeMe. HearMe. Know Me™ by applying learning from extensive research and development, including targeted training, learning and practice in communication with young children over the past 15 years.
Interested in our tools and resources?
Drop us a line below and we'll be in touch.