Social Worker Workforce Development
The Munro Review of Child Protection (2011) instigated a rigorous nationally-led programme of reform to ensure that social workers were provided with effective continual professional development to enhance their expertise and competencies.
The changes have been significant – with the creation of an Assessed and Supported Year in Employment, introduction of Knowledge and Skills Statements to evidence competency and the introduction of programmes to support fast-track post-graduate entry into the profession.
The reform of social work continues with the introduction of Teaching Partnerships, increased opportunities for Apprenticeships and emerging plans for Children’s Social Worker Accreditation and a new registration body. This tidal wave of continuous change requires Local Authorities to develop enhanced skills in staff and specialist workforce development to meet the needs of the Social Work Workforce. Lisa Brett is an experienced Workforce Development Manager with wide-ranging expertise in the development, delivery, implementation and review of Workforce Development Services and Programmes.
What we offer
Service Development and Improvement
- Provision of a strategic lead advisory role to senior managers on the implications of, and response to, DfE Social Work policy incentives (Step Up To Social Work, Teaching Partnerships, Front-line and First-line)
- Membership and representation at strategic partnerships and alliances to plan and implement DfE policy (Teaching Partnerships and Step Up To Social Work)
Co-ordination of Workforce Development Programmes
- Development of competency-based workforce programmes applying national and local competency-based frameworks
Statutory Workforce Data Compilation & Analysis
- Compilation and analysis of workforce data to inform the workforce planning and development process
- Compilation and presentation of ‘Social Worker Profile’ summary information to meet Ofsted Safeguarding Inspections (Annex A) requirements
Creating and Implementing Workforce Development Tools
- Creation of Competency-based Frameworks to improve co-ordination and provision of Workforce Training programmes in single organisations or across multiple agencies
- Creation of an Evaluation and Impact Assessment Model as a tool to provide an evidence base for the review and evaluation of training programmes or the commissioning process
Some of our Clients
Want to know more?
To find out more about our consultancy services, fill out the form below, and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.